Title: Firefox 17.0
Filename: Firefox Setup 17.0.exe
File size: 18.48MB (19,380,192 bytes)
Requirements: Windows 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / Windows7 / XP64 / Vista64 / Windows7 64
License: Open Source
Date added: November 21, 2012
The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.
User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
- First revision of the Social API and support for Facebook Messenger
- Click-to-play blocklisting implemented to prevent vulnerable plugin versions from running without the user's permission
- Updated Awesome Bar experience with larger icons
- Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported
- SVG FillPaint and StrokePaint implemented
- Improvements that make the Web Console, Debugger and Developer Toolbar faster and easier to use
- New Markup panel in the Page Inspector allows easy editing of the DOM
- Sandbox attribute for iframes implemented, enabling increased security
- Over twenty performance improvements, including fixes around the New Tab page
- Pointer lock doesn't work in web apps
- Page scrolling on sites with fixed headers