If you are involved in a personal injury of any nature, your next focus is on compensation. That explains why you would seek support from a reliable personal injury lawyer NY has to offer. All the same, it is important to understand how your preferred insurance company arrives at the figure that you finally take home as compensation.
Understanding the value of your claim is the hardest part of the claim process. There is no one formula to determine it as it varies based on your individual circumstances. Even after involving a certified personal injury lawyer NY has to offer, here is what you need to know about the process of judging the value of your claim.
What Your Insurer Compensates
To arrive at the approximate value of your claim, you should first know what your insurer is liable to compensate. Usually, the person or company that is responsible for your injury must compensate you for the following:
· Medical and recovery expenses
· Lost wages or employment due to the injury
· Physical disability or defects caused by the injury
· Loss of social or educational experiences brought about by the injury
· Emotional damages, which may imply to stress, depression, and more.… Continue Reading